Interview with Solo Artist PK (UK)




By Mick Michaels





The Cosmick View: Hello, and welcome to The Cosmick View/MBM Ten Pounder! Thanks for taking some time to chat with us! 
PK: Hey! Always looking to communicate with as many people as possible, so the pleasure is all mine.

CV: Describe your definition of your sound and style and how does that definition uniquely describe the music?
PK: Imagine a mix of The Black Keys, Machine Gun Kelly, NF, Scooter, Franz Ferdinand, 100 gecs, Lil Peep, POORSTACY & Twenty One Pilots. Now imagine it being self-aware and borderless. Imagine it in a melancholic painted world made of puzzles that are created from pieces of all the ones that didn’t get put together. That’s what my sound is like.

CV: Today, everyone talks about artist and audience connection. Is such a level of connection actually achievable for an artist and if so, how have you made the connection to your fans?
PK: Of course it’s achievable but in order for that to happen, I believe an artist should somewhat let go of “being an artist” and focus on being a person…a person with a past, a person with fears and dreams…with doubts and random fun. There are a lot of details to be found once we let go on a level.

CV: Is fan interaction an important part of your inner culture?
PK: It’s the most important thing. It’s all about the people. I encourage everyone who likes my music and even the ones who don’t, to write to me, to email me, to talk to me. Just to tell me their stories, their hopes or just to chitchat. Sharing is everything. PK is not an artist to just go see play a show. PK is an idea of a free me and a free you. Every letter is always more than welcome.

CV: Can a band truly interact with its fans and still maintain a level of personal privacy without crossing the line and giving up their “personal space” in your opinion?
PK: Depends on the mindset of the artist, also the stature of them. For me personally, there isn’t much I don’t share with my supporters. That’s probably just down to my personality. Someone out there definitely would hate sharing as much. The path is totally different for everyone. The key is to find out the kind of system that suits you. There’s no “right” or “wrong” IMO. We all function in a different way. Of course, as a public figure, you should be able to share SOME of your life. People like the personal touch, the connection. If you don’t want to do that, it’s definitely harder but not impossible.

CV: Is music, and its value, viewed differently around the world in your opinion?  If so, what do you see as the biggest difference in such multiple views among various cultures?
PK: I think it doesn’t only differ by culture but even individually. There are people who listen to music 24/7, even at night. But there are people who don’t really care for it. That’s the amazing thing about any art form - it doesn’t have to be inside any borders. 100 % that I could go to a completely different culture right now and find someone who feels connected to me based only on our musical preferences.

CV: Do you feel that an artist or band that has an international appeal, will tend to connect more so to American audiences? Would they be more enticed or intrigued to see that artist or band over indigenous acts because of the foreign flavor?
PK: Good question…I have wondered about this a lot. Personally, I’ve gotten a lot of comments from America in the lines of “the accent adds a lot” or “it’s such a refreshing sound to what we have locally.” So I would have to agree. Majority of my listeners are from the US, this must have some truth to it.

CV: Has modern-day digital technology made everyone an artist on some level in your opinion? Have the actual lines of what really is an artist been blurred?

PK: Absolutely but I only see it as natural development of life…as everything evolves and kind of changes in meaning, so does being an artist. And I think that’s one of the things that define being an artist - the ability to keep at your craft even though the world around you and the definition of yourself is constantly in motion. I think the actual lines of being an artist should always be blurred. That’s the artistic part. There are so many things in the world that have sharp edges and concrete ways about them. Being an artist is not one of them.

The part about everyone being an artist on some level - it’s definitely made very easy to create. I think it’s a good thing though. Imagine how many pieces of art were left unmade just because there were no possibilities in the past. It’s all evolving.

CV: How would you describe the difference between an artist who follows trends and one who sets them?
PK: I think you can be great doing both. To describe the difference - the trendsetters are probably braver. It takes a lot of guts to do something that’s not viral or popular at the moment. But at the same time, they also get the stick more. There are always non-believers when you start something special. Not so much if you follow.

I was ridiculed when I started the type of music I make. If you have an idea, believe in that idea with every fiber until it becomes you and you will never have to outfight anyone. It will be the hardest thing you’ll ever do but it’ll also be the greatest. Float above.

CV: Has music overall been splintered into too many sub-genres in an effort to appease fan tastes in your opinion? And has such fan appeasements, in actuality, weakened music’s impact as a whole by dividing audiences?
PK: No I don’t think so. The sub-genres have happened because there was a demand for them. Nothing feels forced to me really, it just feels the organic way that the world has evolved. Yes, we use to have a lot less sub-genres but we also used ride with horses to work and shoot pistols over a woman’s heart.

CV: What can fans expect to see coming next from you?
PK: The unexpected. I have a ton of music made…waiting for its time. Some songs are in the ballpark of why people have joined my journey this far but some are something completely different. I’m very excited to release everything…it’s really difficult to sit on sounds that you want to share with all these beautiful souls. And definitely shows!

PS, book me for a show, it’ll be a trip.

CV: Thanks again for taking some time and talking. It is greatly appreciated.
PK: Sheesh no thank YOU! These were some seriously thoughtful and interesting questions. Some of the best ones I’ve had the honor of answering. Keep rocking!

Check out PK at:

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/pk_estonia/

SPOTIFY: https://open.spotify.com/artist/20O3giydnXgeTGiPLXLeTM?si=Qhapfgm3SKuFEW4GTKw1EQ

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeWqh7owbhfGd5Uf-wvqEyQ

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/PK_estonia

TIKTOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@pkest

SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/pkestonia

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/PKestonia

 
Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:

 
The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         



Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates. 

Comments