Interview with Symphonic Metal Solo Artist Ingridi Verardo




By Mick Michaels
 
 

COSMICK VIEW: Hello! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it's greatly appreciated.

CV: Given so many major changes over the last decade, do you believe the music industry is a practicable and stable enough environment for new artists to even consider making it a valid career choice? Can a level of sustainable success really be achieved in your opinion?
Ingridi Verardo: I do not believe that the music industry is a viable and stable enough environment for new artists, without a successful album or single the record companies will not consider this new artist for a contract that can guarantee a stable career. The chances are small, but success can be achieved, but it takes a lot of work, believing in yourself and investing a lot of money that comes from your pocket to start your recordings.

CV: What do you see as the biggest change in the music industry since you first started out?
IV: At the moment the biggest change that I see is that COVID has influenced a lot of artists to make their music at home, and through apps being able to work together with collaborations from all over the world. After the music is ready, platforms and social networks have been used a lot so that the songs of these collabs can be heard.

CV: How do you see your music separating itself from your peers and avoiding just being another cog in the wheel? 
IV: This is a difficult question…I believe that what separates my music from the one made by my peers is that I am a beginner in the middle of musical composition…I am trying to give my best "alone" and I know that I am far from perfect, that's why the name of my first album is “Imperfection”. I share my thoughts and ideas, trying to find my space in the middle of metal music and trying to make a difference in the musical world.

CV: Has the industry’s many changes affected how you write music? Has it influenced your songwriting style in any drastic form?
IV: Yes and no. It affected the way I write, because it made me seek the help of my friend Adam Denlinger to correct the lyrics of my songs. The reason for that? I was afraid to write nonsense or be misunderstood. And the “no” answer was for the composition part…despite what many people say about the style of music I write, symphonic metal is where I find myself and it’s where my voice finds its power and I wouldn’t change that.


CV: Has digital technology led the way for almost anyone to be a musical artist in your opinion?
IV: Yes, as I answered before, many artists have appeared in the musical business because of the internet. Today we can make music at home, which can be for serious work or just to play or just express yourself.

CV: Has music in general been broken into too many sub-genres? Why do think there are so many classifications of music types? Can this be confusing for an artist who is looking to build a brand? As well, can it be confusing for the fans?
IV: In the metal environment, yes, we have many genres and within these genres we have their subgenres. I believe they exist because music is something so complex and giant that classifying it as just one thing is like saying that all people in the world are the same. I believe it is difficult for an artist to build a brand if he does not know what he likes or is confused about the type of music he wants to make. I believe it is not difficult for fans, because at least in metal, fans are very curious and research everything they can about their tastes. But at the same time it can be difficult for fans outside a specific genre to understand and interpret what differentiates each style.

CV: How would you define “iconic” when it comes to being an artist or musician? What do you think makes an artist iconic?
IV: I believe that for an artist or musician to be iconic they to make a difference either with their music or as a person. An example of this would be Annete Olzon, I remember reading an interview by Elize Ryd who said that when Annete joined Nightwish, she opened the door for women to be in metal bands without having to sing opera. In other words, Annete became an icon for girls and women who did not dream of singing growls or opera in metal bands.

CV: Who would you consider to be a modern day “rock star?” And is being a “rock star” something to aspire to?
IV: I can think of so many rock stars of the modern day…but for me at the moment it’s the singer of EPICA, Simone Simons. She is a rock star to aspire to, the other day I was listening to their latest album and I’ve come to realize how much improvement she had along the years and albums. She is not just a pretty face…she has grown through the years vocally. And I think that we should aspire…keep evolving, growing, and improving so we can be the best of ourselves every day. 


CV: Does music need to have a message to convey to the world for it to be worth listening to in your opinion?
IV: I like when music comes with a message, it makes it more relatable for the person who listens to the song. And even if the music doesn't come with a message, it doesn't make it any less valuable to the listener. Of course, if we think about music structures, like well thought out melodies and harmonies, the listener can connect with the instrumental even if the lyrics are random.

CV: What's next for you? What can fans expect to see coming?
IV: Well, what’s next is to finish the recordings of my songs and show it to the world. One thing I can say is that in this record I’ll have two friends from big bands that will be featured on two of my songs. So if you are curious now, be sure to subscribe to my channel and follow me on social media so you won’t miss a thing.

CV: Thank you again for spending some time talking and sharing with our readers. It was a pleasure. I wish you all the best and continued success.
IV: Thanks for having me; it was a pleasure to answer your questions. Keep rocking!

  
 
Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:

www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView   

 
The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com






The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         





Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

Comments