Interview with Blood Feast Drummer Adam Kieffer




By Mick Michaels


COSMICK VIEW: Hello, Adam! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it’s greatly appreciated.
Adam Kieffer: Thank you for having me!

CV: Adam, what's it been like for you since joining the Blood Feast camp? Already you have a load of shows under your belt, including journeying to Japan, as well as the new EP "Chopped, Sliced and Diced."
AK: It’s been a very exciting jammed packed year!!!

CV: What was it like playing in Japan after only being with the band a short time? What was going through your mind at that moment?
AK: A little nerve racking but an incredible experience!

CV: Tell us how you came to be "the new guy" in the band?
AK: Adam (Tranquilli) reached out to me and it happened to be the perfect time!

CV: What's it like being the other "Adam" in Blood Feast?
AK: To be honest, I never thought about it!



CV: Often times, when line-ups change, new members may not be given much creative input on new material and even less artistic freedom with older material.  How was the experience for you as the band transitioned with your joining?
AK: On the new material written I have a lot of freedom, on the old material, I have a deep respect for the previous drummers in the band and continue to play those parts but color it in with my own expression.

CV: Your drumming style, simply put, is fast and furious. There's no wavering.  How do you maintain such a high level of playing intensity? Do you train with other, non-drumming, types of conditioning exercises to achieve such ability?
AK: Thank you, I take that as a compliment!  It’s a lot of work! LOL

CV: How cool was it to walk into a band, like Blood Feast...already established and on the rise? Did you ever imagine such an opportunity?
AK: It is very cool. It was exciting to be asked to join this band by Adam since I’ve known of this band since the beginning!  Adam and band were called Blood Lust…and I saw their first show in 1985. One year later I started playing drums. Adam has been a tremendous influence on me!

CV: Since becoming a member of Blood Feast, has the experience made you see something different about yourself?
AK: Just thankful for this opportunity and to the people around me!


CV: For fans who have yet heard the new EP, "Chopped, Sliced and Diced," what can they expect?
AK: Like a locomotive running through your living room!
CV: For those who have not seen the band live, in your opinion, what can they expect to experience?
AK: Expect to experience a true metal show!! Once the music starts protect your teeth though…LOL

CV: Adam, many fans say that for maximum effect, Blood Feast is best experienced live and in the front row... do you agree? Is it a case of louder is better or more of an energy type impact on the part of the band's delivery and connection to the audience?
AK: Please come to a show a then tell us!


CV: How would you describe your fellow band members in one word?
AK: Talented!

CV: How has this experience differed from previous bands you worked with?
AK: I sweat more!

CV: Is interaction with the fans a key role in a band’s ability to connect with its fans or is it up to the music to do that?
AK: It would have to be everything…both.



CV: What's next for you?
AK: Hopefully, continued success!

CV: Thank you again Adam for spending some time talking and sharing with our readers. It has been a pleasure. I wish you all the best and continued success.

Check out Adam and Blood Feast at:
Official:
http://www.bloodfeastlegions.com/



Like The Cosmic View on Facebook at:
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView   



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.










Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmic View for details and rates.


Comments