Interview with Italian Artist Lorenzo Gabanizza

 


By Mick Michaels





Cosmick View: Hello, Lorenzo! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us. It's greatly appreciated.

CV: What do you feel is the allure your music has over competing artists and bands in your genre? What has them taking notice in your opinion?

Lorenzo Gabanizza:  I think that my music has no genre. It is a mixture of influences, and that's why I am noticed. And stand out of the crowd. Look, if you are familiar with Bruce Lee, what I am doing here is the same he did with Jeet Kune Do. To reach his style he used parts of boxing, kung fu, karate, judo.... Because he thought that the best way to be like the moon in the water was to have no preset limits. That's how I see it. When I compose a song I never think to what kind of audience it will be destined. It would harm my freedom. And, also, I use nuances, moods of my literature taste. Everything serves to the primary goal to create what Joyce would call "Epiphany". After all what's a song if not that? A ghost appearance from the depths of our unconscious world....

CV: Do you think internet radio is a valuable resource as a modern mainstream outlet for both upcoming and established artists? If so, why and if not, why not?

LG: Well, in terms of resonance, yes, internet radio are very useful, specifically for independent artists, who's not backed up by a promotional team. But let's be frank here. This is also our job, it's the job who's supposed to pay our bills, but internet radios, doesn't pay at all or pay a forfeit, so that to the artist very few is left. This must be said of streaming too, which is a shameless theft at the expenses of artists. It's a very sad situation. More if you think that most of the commercial radio stations don't even listen at new music and answers in a rough way to the young artists who knock at their door. Shame really.

CV: In your opinion, can an artist truly be independent given an industry that relies heavily on big budgets and massive fan appreciation?

LG: An artist can be independent if his primary goal isn't making money. The sad thing in the indie world is that it seems a narcissistic pool, where it isn't important to really matter, but to pretend you matter: it's the reign of payola, of fake charts where you just have to pay to reach the top...But hey, do you really think that "Major League" is any different?

CV: Tell us a little about your current project? What can listeners expect to hear? What makes it stand out in your opinion?

LG: Well, my new song with Jeff is epic...the arrangements, the line up of outstanding musicians and Grammy engineers. First thing listeners must expect to hear is quality. Secondarily, they can expect genuine feelings and honesty. I never lie when I write music. It's my blood, my soul. Of course you can like it or not but I think at a first instance, the listeners will appreciate the care with which the song has been produced. 

CV: Music has a way of expressing things that words sometimes seem to fail at. How has music helped you better express yourself?

LG: I don't think words have less power than music. As a poet and novelist myself, I think that when this difference is exposed it's the artist to be blamed, not the art he's performing. Surely music helped me express some inner corners of my soul, but that's true for literature and acting too....

CV: What do you feel your music is saying to the world? And do you feel that message is being heard?

LG: Is saying to stand out and don't give up. It's saying that death is not the end, and love conquers all. Is telling that we must fight anger, hate, racism injustice, whenever we find it (no, not tearing down statues. I have a sacred respect for history.)

CV: What do you believe your greatest asset is as an artist? How have you seen that asset benefit yourself and others?

LG: My greatest asset, it's surely my open mind. As I explained before, considering music both from the perspective of a prose writer and musician made me reach unexpected angles. I don't know how this benefits others, but it surely give to me a more wide perspective on the field.

CV: What more can fans expect to see coming from you in the near future?

LG: More music, more poetry. I prefer not to reveal what's going on behind the curtain, but you can be sure there's a lot of new stuff boiling up.

CV: Thanks again Lorenzo for taking the time to share with our readers. We wish you all the best and continued success.

LG: Thank you and my best wishes for a healthy and peaceful life to you and all your readers.


Check out Lorenzo at:

www.facebook.com/people/I-dont-want-to-live-without-you/100092248923363

open.spotify.com/artist/6Fg1ym1kW0i8l0X7Csl3BY?si=_9vhvMwKT523KOOMNiKlCw

www.imdb.com/name/nm14787783

www.youtube.com/channel/UCMIvHMXPAPAYcK_0631qRdw

www.facebook.com/Lorenzogabanizzaofficial

twitter.com/gabanizza

www.instagram.com/lorenzo.gabanizza

www.lorenzogabanizza.it

 


The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         


Blackbelt Ammunition - the ultimate in self defense ammo
Family owned & operated - Made in the USA
www.blackbeltammunition.com


Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

Comments