Interview with Artist Galvo




By Mick Michaels





Photos by Conor Beegan


Cosmick View: Hello! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us. It's greatly appreciated.

CV: What do you feel is the allure your music has over competing artists and bands in your genre? What has them taking notice in your opinion?
Galvo: I feel in a market place where everything sounds the same and the aims are basically the same, my art stands out as something that is real, imperfect and true. Something can be shine and still be hallow, id rather be earthy and grow something lasting to touch the tips of something for the rest to feel, see, and hear. 

CV: Do you think internet radio is a valuable resource as a modern mainstream outlet for both upcoming and established artists? If so, why and if not, why not?
Galvo: I think anyone who believes in art and pushes for art to be heard, seen, felt, is the most valuable of values, we need an ecosystem, as time goes on its being eroded, it’s very important in my humble opinion.   

CV: In your opinion, can an artist truly be independent given an industry that relies heavily on big budgets and massive fan appreciation?
Galvo: Independence comes from your soul and your purpose. And honestly I don’t believe big budgets exists like they used not the right way, it’s for few and far between, the late 90s early 2000s when Artists where developed could spend months even years making album brought us great art, i think in another way that’s upon us cause of the time we all had in the lockdowns and over the next few years there will be a renaissance of art cause of it.

CV: Tell us a little about your current project?  What can listeners expect to hear? What makes it stand out in your opinion?
Galvo: I am releasing my Debut Album - The HeARTist in Autumn - for me it’s all about the experience and allowing it to be what it is, my greatest strength is my songwriting, and this album is a journey, as an album should be, yeah there are some singles that catch you along the way, but its someone's time capsule that I feel will align with a lot of people and how we find ourselves struggling to fight for ourselves just to be ourselves in a world where people quit on you when you need them the most.  

CV: Music has a way of expressing things that words sometimes seem to fail at. How has music helped you better express yourself?
Galvo: Music is my anchor, my guitar my ship and anchor, I’d be dead without music. It’s my therapy and heart and everything in between, what I can’t seem to process, falls out in a song and then things make sense.

CV: What do you feel your music is saying to the world? And do you feel that message is being heard?
Galvo: My music is saying it’s ok to be yourself, it’s ok to fall, it’s ok to be lost and alone, it’s ok to keep going, and remind yourself keep going. 


I don’t believe in Ireland where I come it has until it takes off elsewhere, I’ve always felt like an outsider here, I speak my mind, I fight for transparency but that’s not something you should do as there are usually consequences.  

CV: What do you believe your greatest asset is as an artist? How have you seen that asset benefit yourself and others?
Galvo: Letting the art be, sometimes it’s a little raw, sometimes a bit bittersweet, but always I’ve been able to discern what works and what doesn’t. I feel people connect to the fact it is true. And my voice in artistic sense has been earned the hard way.  

CV: What more can fans expect to see coming from you in the near future?
Galvo: A very solid album - high quality videos and singles, and I will be doing a solo one man tour to support this and maybe some gigs with a band backing along the way.  

CV: Thanks again for taking the time to share with our readers. We wish you all the best and continued success.
Galvo: And thank you for supporting Artists. Best wishes.

 

Check out Galvo at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/galvo26galvo

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/galvo_galvo

 

 The Cosmick View


Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         


Blackbelt Ammunition - the ultimate in self defense ammo
Family owned & operated - Made in the USA
www.blackbeltammunition.com


Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

Comments