Interview with Artist Roy Niv



By Mick Michaels





COSMICK VIEW: Hello! Welcome to The Cosmick View/MBM Ten Pounder. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it's greatly appreciated.


CV: Describe your definition of your sound and style and how does that definition uniquely describe the music?
Roy Niv: I would describe my sound as a burst of emotion crashing over smooth guitars and powerful vocals. Being a guitar player for the last 15 years…got me into including guitars as a big part of my productions. Sometimes it's acoustic and sometimes heavy distortion. My vocals are usually screamy and I'm a huge fan of harmonies so you will find them a lot of times in my music.

CV: Today, everyone talks about artist and audience connection. Is such a level of connection actually achievable for an artist and if so, how have you made the connection to your fans?RV: I mostly connect with my fans on social media. At first, I admit, it frightened me, but as I kept posting my music online and receiving so much love and appreciation from people, that fear went away. I'm still learning that not everyone is going to like you as an artist along the way and that's okay. That's why I keep posting and engaging with fans online, putting myself out there and always listening to what they have to say.  


CV: Is fan interaction an important part of the your inner culture?RV: Definitely YES. I mean…where would bands be without their fans? I believe that art is a two way street. We are just musicians trying to express some pain or joy or some emotion, it's the crowd that can really listen to the music and the lyrics and interpret it however, they want to and however it is related to their sadness or happiness or broken heart. That is when music becomes art in my opinion. 


CV: Is fan interaction an important part of your inner culture?RV: This is a very good question I've been wondering about lately. I think, today, we are living in a world where the famous people are no longer some shady figures you see once in a while on TV. Today we can see the everyday life of almost any artist with a click of a button. That is kind of scary, especially for a guy like me who values privacy so much. I think the real answer is that there is no answer, and any artist should choose how much of their inner world they would like to share with the world. Although in my experience, the more you share, the more fans are able to relate to you and your story. 


CV: Is music, and its value, viewed differently around the world in your opinion?  If so, what do you see as the biggest difference in such multiple
views among various cultures?RV: Honestly, I don't really know. What I do know is that as time moves forward, we are all coming closer together and cultural differences are beginning to fade in some fields. Definitely mainstream music is viewed pretty much the same around the world in my opinion.  It's the more specific genres that get more value in certain areas. For example, I'm sure classical music has great value in Vienna and is a big part of their community and culture while Country music has tremendous demand in the USA.  

CV: Do you feel that a band that has an international appeal, will tend to connect more so to American audiences? Would they be more enticed or intrigued to see the band over indigenous acts because of the foreign flavor?
RV: That's a good question! I think that preferences are very individual and it's hard to talk about the whole US music fans as the same group. I believe people are always intrigued by the unknown and if some American kid got hung up on some Israeli band and they happen to tour near him, he will definitely go see them as it is more rare for them to be there. 


CV: Has modern-day digital technology made everyone an artist on some
level in your opinion? Have the actual lines of what really is an artist been blurred?
RV: I think what changed is not the definition of an artist but the exposure opportunity. If 10 years ago, there were a hundred singers in a city, you would only know the one singer who signed in a record label and released some songs. Today all hundred singers can post music everyday on social media for everyone to see. I think that is kinda cool because that gives the fans the option to choose from a verity of styles and genres and for us, the artists, we can do whatever we want with minimum budget, and get it out for the world to see, learn what works and what requires more work and keep improving and connecting with the fans more easily.


CV: How would you describe the difference between an artist who follows trends and one who sets them?
RV: The world was always divided into followers and leaders. A follower will think how he could copy the latest success as best as he could, as a leader will always think outside the box, outside what is "normal" and will ALWAYS bring himself into the work. If he doesn't feel like doing something, he won't do it even if everybody expects him to.  


CV: Has music overall been splintered into too many sub-genres in an effort to appease fan tastes in your opinion? And has such fan appeasements, in
actuality, weakened music’s impact as a whole by dividing audiences?RV: I believe the diversity is inevitable due to the easy access we all have to so much music. It's not like there is a god of music…sorry Led Zeppelin. Who's deciding what genres to divide and what not to? It's the fans who created the sub-genres and if a sub-genre has been born, most likely it happened for a reason and there are enough fans who are willing to follow that music. I don't think this weakens the power of music because there will always be enough people who like some kind of genre, no matter how specific it is. It's not black and white but overall, I think rock fans will keep listening to all kinds of rock music just like hip-hop fans don't listen to only one sub-genre.     

CV: What can fans expect to see coming next from you?
RV: We are now working on our full album that includes a lot of great singles that are coming out the following year! I'm so excited for this and the journey is amazing so far. Be sure to check out my latest music video - "Stay Up" - 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKDV6rDVbo



 Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:

 
The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         




Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates. 

Comments