Interview with Vocalist Nat Blanche of Sight of Luna (Philippines)


By Mick Michaels



COSMICK VIEW: Hello, Nat! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it's greatly appreciated.

CV: Given so many major changes over the last several decades, is the music industry a viable and stable enough environment for new artists and bands to even attempt to make a successful career in your opinion?
Nat: Yes, it still is, but I think it's going to be difficult. I mean all industries are suffering a great downfall. However, I also believe that as we are able to strive little by little, securing ourselves with the essentials for survival. I am sure that the music industry will slowly flourish back.

CV: How do you see your band separating itself from just being another Heavy Metal act?  
Nat: We have different influences and we try to incorporate that on our music. I am confident that what we create isn't something ordinary or the-same-as-this-and-that kinda thing since we are all providing input that would help the band image be memorable and our songs to be interesting to listen to. 

CV: Has the band's music and style of songwriting changed drastically since the group first formed? 
Nat: Yes. The old songs that were made were solely a work of one person. But for the new songs, and as we revise the old songs for recording, it has changed drastically as this is now the result of a collaboration with our bandmates. Everyone has contributed to it.

CV: Has digital technology made everyone an artist on some level in your opinion?
Nat: Yes. With the rise of smartphones and availability of DAWs and YouTube tutorials, it's very easy to become, "an artist" digitally.

CV: Has Metal, or even music in general, splintered into too many sub-genres? Why do think there are so many classifications of music types? Can this be confusing for the fans? 
Nat: I think so too…from a fan point of view, sometimes, when I look for new music, new artist, and I use genre for reference, I am always lead to mixed up playlists…few that I like…so many that I don't. It's confusing... 

CV: How would you define “iconic?” What do you think makes an artist iconic?
Nat: Iconic, for me, means standing out from the crowd. An artist becomes iconic, when he/she/them does 2 things. One…establishing their passion in their craft positively and two…inspiring others.

CV: Should young artist even strive to become a “rock star” Is being a "rock star" even a relevant term nowadays? What are your thoughts?
Nat: I'm not really a fan of the term, "Rock Star". How I see music is that if you have something to share, artistically, share it. Showcase your talent and let it not rot into waste by lurking in the shadows. I think being a "Rock Star" is irrelevant nowadays. Why…because the term itself has been maligned. My concern is that if an artist wants to be known for their craft, he/she/them must establish their art, music and image the right way. 

CV: What message do you want your music to convey to the world?
Nat: That we can express and address the feelings we hide from the world in order to maintain sanity. I think all of us are going through something but are keeping it inside, in order to focus on things that needs to be prioritized. Most of the time, these emotions that have been ignored over time will become an issue and will affect us negatively. So what we aim is, through our music, to have an outlet, to live with fewer burdens. 

CV: What's next for you? What can fans expect to see coming?
Nat: Recording…finally recording for the old and new songs. We wanted the old songs to be recorded so we can, sort of, have it perpetualized. We also wanted to share the new songs we had created which demonstrates how the band's music has progressed over time.

CV: Thank you again Nat for spending some time talking and sharing with our readers. It was a pleasure. I wish you all the best and continued success.

Check out Sight of Luna at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sightoflunaph/  





Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView   


My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.








March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         





Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.







Comments

Post a Comment