Interview with Love N War Guitarist John Adams



By Mick Michaels

COSMICK VIEW: Hello John! Welcome to the Cosmick View. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it is greatly appreciated.

CV: What drives you to continue to create?
John Adams: My love for music!  And the love of playing guitar! It’s also an outlet to release built up emotions. It’s like how good you feel after you’ve had an orgasm! LOL!!

CV: Was music your first love?
JA: Yes!  When I was 7 or 8 I use to write the Lyrics down on paper to all my favorite songs, I discovered guitar playing at 12 and I was hooked!

CV: Would you say music has made you the person you are today?
JA: I would say it has helped shaped me into the man I am yes!  Music is emotional, it affects you, it’s a language we all understand, and there is no translation in music!  It belongs to all of us!! 

CV: Could you see yourself doing something completely different other than music? If so, what would that be?
JA: I do other things different then music, mainly because music doesn’t pay my bills. I am business owner, martial artist, father of 2 children. These things I am very proud of!  I would say without music in my life I would be a lost soul… it is a driving force that has guided me for any years!

CV: Which artist has inspired you the most?
JA: Paul McCartney has!

CV: Non artist…who has been your biggest influence?
JA: MY brother Michael Adams, Jesus


CV: Was/Is your family supportive with your musical pursuits?
JA: Absolutely!  Always have been!

CV: What do you find inspires your music the most as a songwriter?
JA: My emotions, what is going on in my life at that time, or someone’s close to me!

CV: What's your go to album for motivation? Why that album?
JA: There are many!!!  “Strangers in the Night” by UFO is one… because it brings back great memories!!

CV: Some of your favorite artists... past and present, who are they?
JA: Beatles, Paul McCartney and Wings, UFO, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Dokken, Aerosmith, Led Zepplin… etc.

CV: The one album you feel every Metalhead should own and why?
JA: Iron Maidens “Number of the Beast”…it just kicks your ass!!!

CV: What do you consider is a defining moment in Heavy Metal history and why is it significant… how did it impact the genre?
JA: Jimi Hendrix!  It changed the way guitar players looked and played their instruments!!  His aggressive approach paved the way to the great hard Rock/Metal guitar players of the 70’s that morphed into the 80’s!!!!

CV: Who would you like to work with if given the opportunity?
JA: There are many! Phill Mogg comes to mind, much love and respect for him!  (He is the singer for UFO)

CV: What do you feel are the top three things it takes to make it in the music business as an artist?
JA: 1. Originality (not a lot of that anymore), 2. Dedication/Perseverance, 3. Who you know/Great Management. 

CV: There has been a lot of remarks among established rockers these days regarding young, up and coming bands, that they don't stand a chance at making a career with music into today's industry... what do you think?
JA: I Think everyone has a chance, you just have to find your audience!

CV: As an artist, what do you feel are your strengths?
JA: My dedication/Love for this music!

CV: What do you think separates bands of today from bands of the past?
JA: Originality… So much has been done already that it’s hard to sound like no one else!  There are GREAT bands these days, don’t get me wrong, it’s that we have to borrow a little bit from our influences/predecessors. Take a group of kids, raise them in a “Bio Dome” (or something), sheltering them from outside music…none at all as they grow. Give them instruments, teach them the basics, see what they would write, never hearing modern music. THAT would be interesting!!!!


CV: With so many iconic women eligible for induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of fame, such as Cher, Stevie Nicks and Carly Simon many among others, why do you think they are being overlooked?
JA: Discrimination?

CV: We hear so much negative commentary regarding today's overall music industry. What's your take on it? Is Rock really dead?
JA: As long as it lives in our hearts/minds/souls it will always live!  It manifests itself from generation to generation, so in some aspects YES it is dead, why? There will never be another Beatles/Rolling Stones. Great bands of the 70’s like Zepplin, Deep Purple, UFO, Scorpions, never again!!!  That genre of music is dead BUT alive and well in all of us!!!!  It can only be duplicated/replicated!  We are all waiting for that next original sound right?

CV: What’s next for you?
JA: I am excited to say we are finishing up the recording of the new LOVE AND WAR CD “Edge of the World” due for release 2018.  Listen for it!  Thank you and keep your love of Music alive and in your Hearts!  SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC!!!!

CV: Thank you again John for spending some time talking and sharing with our readers. I wish you all the best and continued success with all your projects.

Check out John and Love N War at:
https://www.facebook.com/upannie/


Comments