Interview with The Linder Avenue Band


                        



 

By Mick Michaels






COSMICK VIEW: Hello! Welcome to The Cosmick View/MBM Ten Pounder. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it's greatly appreciated.

CV: Every artist experiences highs and lows. Many struggle just to move from one level to the next, and some, unfortunately, never do. What would you consider to be a pivotal point in an artist's career which would take them from one level to the next that a struggling artist should be aware of? Is it an individual mindset or does it equate more to opportunity?  Or is it something all together different in your opinion?
The Linder Avenue Band: Excellent question. You hit on a pivotal point, individual mindset. I believe that there is an attitude or perception that an artist must have for a sustainable future. Avoid comparisons. Comparing yourself to other artists or musicians will never be productive. It will either make you vain or envious. Look to other artists for inspiration, not comparisons. Hang on to your adolescent excitement for making music. Remember, you make music because it is gratifying, it gives you purpose, and you love it.

CV: What do you feel an artist can do right now to stay relevant, especially in an environment, such as the present, where performing in front of a live audience is not an option?
The Linder Avenue Band: I think an artist should focus on what they have control over. Writing good songs and performing and producing your songs well.

CV: What have you found to be the balancing point between relevance and over saturation when it comes to being an artist? Is there a fine line between the two or can it be looked at to some degree as the two essentially being one in the same?
The Linder Avenue Band: I think the balance an artist struggles with are being prolific while at the same time being creative and coming up with fresh new ideas for songs. You must try and stay stylistically true without being repetitive. Out of sight, out of mind.

CV: Is there any level of consideration, or even concern, to deliver on expectations, whether it being your own or that of the fans, when working on new material?
The Linder Avenue Band: When working on new material I try to incorporate elements that I like to hear in a song.,, such as vocal and instrumental melodies, vocal and instrumental harmony, and interesting rhythmic ideas. I also try to take my listeners somewhere unexpected and back again and I try to use relatable topical lyrics.

CV: For you, what’s first when it comes to songwriting…is it a matter of lyrics melody, chords, beat, attitude? Or is it more organic than that where the moment dictates the process and outcome?
The Linder Avenue Band: I have rarely been able to sit down with the intention of writing a song. Ideas come to me in a random way. Sometimes I will sit down to play the guitar and I will spontaneously play something that becomes a seed of an idea. There are times I will sing a melody and record it onto my phone. When I come back to it later if I still like it, I will start to develop a song.

CV: What do you believe makes songwriting more honest and impactful...that something that both the artist and listener can share?
The Linder Avenue Band: I draw on my own life experience and observations for inspiration. I talk about the human condition, and I try and provide a thoughtful contemplation on life’s challenges.

CV: What do you feel has been the greatest contribution to your success as an artist?
The Linder Avenue Band: Based on my personal experience, sometimes you must be open and willing to explore opportunities that may be outside your comfort zone to grow as a musician.

CV: What's next for you? What can fans expect to see coming up?
The Linder Avenue Band: My next release, “Midnight Mischief” coming out on June 7th, is a song about the Las Vegas Strip... although the song could be relatable to any hot spot in any city. I think this song captures all the power pop melodic rock elements that are associated with the Linder Ave Band.

CV: Thank you again for spending some time talking and sharing with
our readers. I wish you all the best and continued success.

Check out The Linder Avenue Band at:

Official: https://linderave.com/home

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/70VinQqLbKJC8SNicdvHmf?si=WCyhGm0JRgyLxDlyKZh2gQ

 

The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available



    
                        
                          The Cosmick Voice
                           Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
                           www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         






Martial Arts of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
"a Martial Arts History Chronicle"



Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

 

Comments