Interview with the Band Void Collapse



By Mick Michaels





The Cosmick View: Hello, and welcome to The Cosmick View/MBM Ten Pounder! Thanks for taking some time to chat with us! 

CV: Describe your definition of the band’s sound and style and how does that definition uniquely describe the music?
Void Collapse: My definition would be early 2000’s death metal, or just straight up death metal with some sprinkles of electronic, spoken word, and new wave. I wanted to make Void Collapse as cinematic as possible, or visual if that makes any sense.

CV: Today, everyone talks about artist and audience connection. Is such a level of connection actually achievable for an artist and if so, how have you made the connection to your fans?
Void Collapse: I have had a few connections with our fans, and I really think it’s great. Yes I do think that it’s achievable. Hearing what people think good or bad is what I want with this project. I would like us to get to a point where it happens more often.

CV: Is fan interaction an important part of the band’s inner culture?
Void Collapse: When you’re starting out you put things out in the world and nothing comes back at first. So, when someone tells you they enjoy what you’re doing, it’s a great thing. It means people are listening.

CV: Can a band truly interact with its fans and still maintain a level of personal privacy without crossing the line and giving up their “personal space” in your opinion?
Void Collapse: Sure, from what I’ve witnessed, of course. From other bands it doesn’t seem like it’s a rampant problem. I’m sure there are isolated situations

CV: Is music, and its value, viewed differently around the world in your opinion?  If so, what do you see as the biggest difference in such multiple views among various cultures?
Void Collapse: I’ve noticed the opposite actually with Metal being such a niche genre to begin with. The fans have seemed to be approaching the music from the same place. I’ve gotten notes from people all over the globe, and all they have had the same vibe.

CV: Do you feel that a band that has an international appeal, will tend to connect more so to American audiences? Would they be more enticed or intrigued to see the band over indigenous acts because of the foreign flavor?
Void Collapse: Not really, at least for my friends and I. That type of stuff doesn’t seem to matter too much. We still are conscience of it, but it doesn’t matter all too much. There is something about Australian bands I do love though. LOL, I don’t know what makes me like them that much more. I’ll scour the internet for obscure Australian death core.


CV: Has modern-day digital technology made everyone an artist on some level in your opinion? Have the actual lines of what really is an artist been blurred?
Void Collapse: Yes it has, but there is still a gauntlet of challenges, and a lot of ways to pay your dues. You get to go through the door right away, but the line is long once you get inside. Before the internet, you waited in a long line to get to the door. So, it’s still the same to me at least. Those who don’t make it, don’t. That has always been the case. Now you have access to put your music out for everyone, but getting anyone to even see that it’s there is the trick…one that vexes me on a daily basis. lol


CV: How would you describe the difference between an artist who follows trends and one who sets them?
Void Collapse: Eh, I don’t know. I don’t know if an artist can even control that let alone calculate it. The best thing to do is be yourself, and not worry about it. I doubt Nirvana was trying to do what they did, it just happened. I’m pretty much doing this project for my own benefit. If people can get into it, that’s all I really want. Death metal is, for the most part a faceless genre anyway. I can relatively stay hidden, and just have the music provide me anonymity. Trey from Morbid Angel could be walking down the street, and 99% of the pop. wouldn’t recognize him. That’s why I like it.

CV: Has music overall been splintered into too many sub-genres in an effort to appease fan tastes in your opinion? And has such fan appeasements, in actuality, weakened music’s impact as a whole by dividing audiences?
Void Collapse: No, music can just do what it wants…the more the better.


CV: What can fans except to see coming next from you?
Void Collapse: We’re working on our next album right now. Our latest album “Gwenda” was just released in August. It’s the first in a four album series about the queens of the tarot. We have a split single with Before the Storm We Flourished coming up. Check us out if you can!

CV: Thanks again for taking some time and talking. It is greatly appreciated.
Void Collapse: Hey, thank you so much for having us. The questions were really great. I love digging into myself to see how I feel about something I haven’t thought about yet. I had a good time, thank you!

Check out Void Collapse at:
Bandcamp: https://voidcollapse.bandcamp.com/

 

Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:

 
The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         




Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates. 

Comments