Interview with Franck Carducci of Franch Carducci & The Fantastic Squad





By Mick Michaels






The Cosmick View: Hello, and welcome to The Cosmick View/MBM Ten Pounder! Thanks for taking some time to chat with us!

CV: Describe your definition of the band’s sound and style and how does that definition uniquely describe the music?

Franck Carducci: I heard a lot of people are calling us “Theatrical Rock” and I rather like that label. What you can expect from us is
a lot of fun, a lot of smiles, and a lot of visual effects.
I always tend to think that even if the music is awesome, when you’re gonna ask people to go out, buy a ticket and come to the show, music alone is not enough. If it’s just for the music, they’ll be better off listening to a quality recording sitting comfortably on their sofa at home.
So I gotta give them more than just the music. I want my show to be a real visual experience for the audience. Costumes, make-up, staging, lighted-wings, laser-gloves, hats…you name it!

CV: Today, everyone talks about artist and audience connection. Is such a level of connection actually achievable for an artist and if so, how have you made the connection to your fans?
FC: Of course, social media has helped a lot develop this connection in the last 10 years or so. We have a very strong bound with our fans, and I'd say, especially in the UK where they created a Facebook group Franck Carducci UK Fans and the members always come up with great ways to support the band. They even made special t-shirts to wear at concerts … how cool is that?

Personally I'm more interested by the human side of it. I love to hang around with fans at gigs. Of course we don't always have a lot of time for that, but I'm doing my best to meet the fans before and after the show, take pictures with them, have a drink, etc.…

CV: Is fan interaction an important part of the band’s inner culture?
FC: 100%. We spend an awful lot of time interacting, exchanging chatting, taking pics with our fans. And we take real pleasure in doin' so!

CV: Can a band truly interact with its fans and still maintain a level of personal privacy without crossing the line and giving up their “personal space” in your opinion?
FC: I'd say most of the time, it's possible. In a few very rare cases, we have to set up limits not to cross. I, for one, do not put a lot of personal things on social networks, so I don't really have that kind of issues.

CV: Do you feel that a band that has an international appeal, will tend to connect more so to American audiences? Would they be more enticed or intrigued to see the band over indigenous acts because of the foreign flavor?
FC: I'm pretty sure that's the case.
It might also be that, rules and laws are so difficult for foreign bands to come and play in the US, that makes it almost impossible for an indie non-US band to play there.

So I guess, fans there, are aware they're probably never gonna see their fav foreign bands live (unless it's a big act of course) that it creates a sense of lack I suppose. That's only my opinion though, and I'm not American!


CV: Has modern-day digital technology made everyone an artist on some level in your opinion? Have the actual lines of what really is an artist been blurred?

FC: Well, for sure, it has made everyone think they can be an artist, that's for sure. Whether or not they really are a real artist (just because they have a lot of views on Instagram. that's another question. ;)  Success and art are not necessarily related!
But I agree the lines have been blurred a little bit

CV: How would you describe the difference between an artist who follows trends and one who sets them?
FC: I'm probably neither of them. :) But I suppose artists who set trends don't care at all about trends. They are above trends.

CV: Has music overall been splintered into too many sub-genres in an effort to appease fan tastes in your opinion? And has such fan appeasements, in actuality, weakened music’s impact as a whole by dividing audiences?
FC: Sub-Genres are made for fans. I guess it's reassuring! Fans always need to put etiquette on bands. Music business people as well I suppose, in order to target the right niche. (Most) musicians don't care about etiquette. They just make music that's in their soul and blood, call it whatever you like! I don't think it has divided audiences though. To me they're just labels.

CV: What can fans expect to see coming next from you?
FC: After releasing an acoustic album as a duo with Mary Reynaud + a live album with my Fantastic Squad in 2023, I'm now currently working on my next studio album.
In the meantime, we'll be touring the UK in 2024:

FEB-28 : LONDON - The Bedford
FEB-29 : SWINDON - The Victoria
MAR-01 : PORT TALBOT - Seaside Social & Labour Club
MAR-02 : STOURPORT - Fusion Festival
MAR-03 : SOUTHAMPTON - The 1865
MAR-06 : LEICESTER - The Musician
MAR-07 : LIVERPOOL - Cavern Club
MAR-08 : GLASGOW - Ivory Blacks
MAR-09 : NEWCASTLE - Innisfree Sports & Social Club
MAR-10 : OUNDLE - Queen Victoria Hall

CV: Thanks again for taking some time and talking. It is greatly appreciated.
FC:
Well I hope to see a lot of you at one of our gigs.


Check out Franck Carducci at:

Official: www.franckcarducci.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7toHGlEwNE

Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Apple, Bandcamp, Amazon, Deezer


 The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         






Blackbelt Ammunition - the ultimate in self defense ammo
Family owned & operated - Made in the USA
www.blackbeltammunition.com


Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

 

Comments