Interview with Artist Anat Porat




By Mick Michaels







Cosmick View: Hello, Anat! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us. It's greatly appreciated.

CV: What do you feel is the allure your music has over competing artists and bands in your genre? What has them taking notice in your opinion?
Anat Porat: My music is a continuation of my heart and soul, therefore is not in actual competition to anyone else's music. The competition is on the audience attention which is divided between endless stimulations. Saying that I do feel that there is something soothing in my music that can draw the listener into my musical world which reflects our lives.

 

CV: Do you think internet radio is a valuable resource as a modern mainstream outlet for both upcoming and established artists? If so, why and if not, why not?
AP: We live in a time where music is available everywhere all the time, and social media gives everyone the option to broadcast themselves to the world. Some will say that radio is no longer relevant, but I personally I love it, and I definitely think it hasn’t lost its magic. It is still valuable for artists, even though there are other ways to reach the audience these days. As a young girl I’d listened to it for hours, and that was how I discovered music - new or old. I even had my own radio show where I played music I love and hosted musicians and other people that interested me.

 

CV: In your opinion, can an artist truly be independent given an industry that relies heavily on big budgets and massive fan appreciation?
AP: I think there is a place for everything and everyone today. In many aspects, independent artists have more ways of directly communicate with our audience.

 

CV: Tell us a little about your current project? What can listeners expect to hear? What makes it stand out in your opinion?
AP: My new album “Back To New” will be released on July 28th. The album has 11 original songs with a warm folk acoustic vibe. It centers the vocals and the acoustic guitars alongside other acoustic instruments such as Double Bass, Viola, Piano, Glockenspiel and Percussions. One thing that stands out is the fact that my daughter Shira, contributed her beautiful vocals to the album, and sings with me on stage as well as in the recording studio.

 

CV: Music has a way of expressing things that words sometimes seem to fail at. How has music helped you better express yourself?
AP: Music is a source of power. Listening to music, playing music, singing, helps me feel better. Sometimes, the best way for me to process things is by writing a song. It helps me clear my head from any clusters, pain or uncertainty.

 

CV: What do you feel your music is saying to the world? And do you feel that message is being heard?
AP: I feel that through my music, I send a message that it is never too late to be who we truly are. I believe that we have to find the balance between our dreams and aspirations and day to day life. I do feel that when I sing, and when I perform, my voice carries these messages through.

 

CV: What do you believe your greatest asset is as an artist? How have you seen that asset benefit yourself and others?
AP: My greatest asset is my voice...my singing voice and my inner voice. I am trying to communicate with others and be as true and as honest as I can be.

CV: What more can fans expect to see coming from you in the near future?
AP: I am planning a UK tour, to bring “Back To New” on to the stage. And of course new music will continue to come out soon after.

 

CV: Thanks again Anat for taking the time to share with our readers. We wish you all the best and continued success.

Check out Anat at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/people/Anat-Porat/100046447765122/

Bandcamp: https://anatporat.bandcamp.com/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anat_porat_/

Website: https://anatporat.com/home

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/7tLmPifQz8LaBnMCUORIjb

Apple Music:https://music.apple.com/il/artist/anat-porat/1461785951

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-5j05wBLJOYvcvWiEZ46g

 

 

The Cosmick View


Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         


Blackbelt Ammunition - the ultimate in self defense ammo
Family owned & operated - Made in the USA
www.blackbeltammunition.com


Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

Comments