Interview with Singer, Songrwriter and Fashion Designer Emily Daccarett



By Mick Michaels


The Cosmick View: Hello, Emily and welcome to The Cosmick View/MBM Ten Pounder! Thanks for taking some time to chat with us!

CV: Describe your definition of the band’s sound and style and how does that definition uniquely describe the music?
Emily Daccarett: It’s a blend of 70s Rock and 80s Pop with a cinematic flair. Having a background in fashion design and film I try to add that sensation of stepping into a story and creating an immersive atmosphere.

CV: Today, everyone talks about artist and audience connection. Is such a level of connection actually achievable for an artist and if so, how have you made the connection to your fans?
ED: I think that connection can be achieved and is something that is constantly changing and evolving as your fanbase grows. I released my debut EP back in November 2019 and now I’m at the point where I have started to connect with fans of my EP and also with the visual content I’ve been putting out since the release.

CV: Is fan interaction an important part of the band’s inner culture?
ED: I think so! It’s incredibly humbling to meet people who love your music and appreciate what you’re doing. It’s also a big motivator to keep working and putting out more music and live gigs. You’ve already made that initial connection through the music and I think it’s important to follow that up with engaging with the fans.



CV: Can a band truly interact with its fans and still maintain a level of personal privacy without crossing the line and giving up their “personal space” in your opinion?
ED: Oh boy! So this is a question I have been asking myself. I think the answer is yes, but it’s up to the band to establish boundaries for themselves and something that you have to consider early on…how much you want to open up and share from your personal life.

CV: Is music, and its value, viewed differently around the world in your opinion?  If so, what do you see as the biggest difference in such multiple views among various cultures?
ED: Being multicultural/multiracial myself and having lived in those cultures, I would say yes there are big differences. In my experience Latin and Arabic cultures are very supportive of their own and are proud of them so they want to show their support. In France it’s not just about the music but also the aesthetic that is created by the artist and their music. 

CV: Do you feel that a band that has an international appeal, will tend to connect more so to American audiences? Would they be more enticed or intrigued to see the band over indigenous acts because of the foreign flavor?
ED: I think that foreign flavor is intriguing to American audiences as it provides something new and unexpected. It’s amazing to see other bands from different parts of the world express themselves through music…it connects us together and blurs the lines that divide us.

CV: Has modern-day digital technology made everyone an artist on some level in your opinion? Have the actual lines of what really is an artist been blurred?
ED: Yes, definitely! As most DIY artists, we use digital technology to get our music out in front of an audience without having to wait to be signed to a label. The problem with that is it also produces a surplus of people being “artists” without really creating anything new and because they thrive on capitalizing on what’s popular, it takes away the attention from the artists who don’t necessarily fit in a genre because they are creators.

CV: How would you describe the difference between an artist who follows trends and one who sets them?
ED: You can spot the authenticity between a follower and a trendsetter. A trendsetter is not afraid of losing their current status by changing and evolving what they do. Sometimes the result is not great, but it’s a step into creating something new and exciting. They challenge you to widen you taste in music…in everything really.



CV: Has music overall been splintered into too many sub-genres in an effort to appease fan tastes in your opinion? And has such fan appeasements, in actuality, weakened music’s impact as a whole by dividing audiences?
ED: Yes, because it’s becoming too specific and even then I think fails to really categorize the music. Most songs fall into multiple sub-genres already, so people might never hear of a certain artist simply because that’s not their “genre” or “sub-genre”

CV: What can fans except to see coming next from you?
ED: I’m currently working on my first full album! It’s scheduled to release later this year. I have some cute animated music videos coming out soon and I’ve been having fun recording covers for my YouTube page!

CV: Thanks again Emily for taking some time and talking. It is greatly appreciated.


Check out
 Emily Daccarett at:
Official: https://www.emilydaccarettmusic.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/emilydaccarett/?hl=en
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emilydaccarettmusic/?modal=admin_todo_tour
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4zBd_pmc8gUfIMXp6y1A5A
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/107ljBqQOzlqyQL1eOj4av?si=B3miRFZJSv2fvc04wJy2YA
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmilyDaccarett








Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:

My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.








March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                               





Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.





Comments