Interview with Producer and Molitoth Vocalist Kyle Brandt





By Mick Michaels

COSMICK VIEW: Hello, Kyle! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it's greatly appreciated.

Kyle Brandt: Certainly and thank you!

CV: "The Tribunal" will be the first release with your new project Molitoth this coming June.  This is a very unique project as the album will explore meditation methods using music and lyrics as the focal point.  Can you tell us more about what listeners can expect from the album....what will the experience be like in your opinion?
KB: I think listeners will be able to feel a roller coaster of emotions as the track list flows through different moods. Listeners will get a taste of very condensed meditations to help calm the mind in between some of the tracks.

CV: The album's theme will center on the five stages of grief and the emotional complexities surrounding dealing with such feelings.  Why grief?
KB: Everyone deals with grief in some type of way, and I like to write about things that can connect with a broader audience…for obvious reasons. I've used meditation…and hypnosis, to guide my way through grief, and while mixed with this concept of meditation, hopefully I can introduce someone into a possible solution to ease their mind and stress.

CV: Kyle, is this album being fueled by some level of personal experiences? Is it a way to cope with some of your own losses?
KB:  I can personally relate to grief as can anyone, as well as the relation to Meditation as a therapy, however; there is a backstory to the track titles and lyrics in that the subject is going through a metaphorical trial for some action(s) that is deemed wrong by differing opinions. Throughout the track titles, you will see that this subject gets caught, interrogated, put to trial, and eventually incarcerated, but that side of the story is based on events not personally related to me.

CV: "The Tribunal" comes at a time when the world is in a bit of a chaotic state... simultaneously dealing with a level of loss and grief never seen before globally.  Do you feel the album will have a massive appeal and impact on people because of current events?
KB: It certainly could, and I hope it does! 

CV: Did the COVID-19 pandemic affect the album's completion in any way?  Were there any initial delays to contend with once the “stay in place” order was issued?
KB: Coincidentally I finished up the album right as the Stay-in-Place order was issued.  There hasn't been any relation to COVID-19 as far as song writing goes.

CV: Do you see the world's recent pandemic as a wake-up call for people to start living their lives as they have dreamt them to be? Or do you see such a situation actually having the opposite effect, causing people to lead more of a shut in lifestyle as we move forward?
KB: I think we all need to continue to learn, and I hope the recent pandemic can teach us something that we as human beings can apply to our future. I really hope just shutting ourselves in is not the answer, but I have the belief that humanity will find a way to adapt and move on.

CV: Kyle, how do you see the COVID situation changing the music industry as a whole long term? Will virtual content become more of the standard as we slowly go back to “normal?”
KB: Long term, I think there will be a vaccine for COVID and things will go back to “normal” for the music industry, however, this should teach us to be a bit more pro-active, as there could be future biological attacks.  Some bands/musicians have adapted to technology, utilizing Dropbox and other various sharing mediums to write music from home.  Perhaps COVID helps push more artists to move to this writing style vs. the old school way of in-person “band practices” and sessions.

CV: Will you plan to tour in support of the album's release once venues re-open?
KB: If my art gets popular enough to have a high demand for a live act, I'd be happy to put together a nice stage show.  Full band, lighting, tour, etc..., but for now I'm done with the “Please come to my show next Tuesday night!!!” routine.


CV: What are your hopes for the world as a whole in a post COVID-19 society?
KB: That can get deep!  I'll stick with: I hope I can get back out to restaurants to get some food and drinks…and my Kids want to go on vacation!

CV: What's next for you? What can fans expect to see coming from you in the second half of 2020?
KB: I'm hoping to collaborate with more musicians, so we can have fun creating new things.  I'm not so sure that will happen in 2020, I suppose we will find out!


CV: Thank you again Kyle for spending some time talking and sharing with
our readers. I wish you all the best and continued success.

KB: Thank you much! All the best to you and your family!

Check out Kyle and Molitoth at:
Facebook: facebook.com/molitoth.audio
Instagram: instagram.com/molitoth
Twitter: twitter.com/molitoth
Bandcamp: bandcamp.com/molitoth
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/molitoth
Twitch: twitch.com/molitoth





Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:

My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




http://vagabondentgroup.com/




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions

www.marchbabymedia.com
                                                         





Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

Comments