Interview with the Italian Band Demidead

by Mick Michaels 






Cosmick View: Hello, and welcome to The Cosmick View! Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us. It's greatly appreciated.

CV: Over the past several years, the music industry has essentially changed multiple times. How have you navigated these changes and what positives have you taken away that keeps you moving forward?
Demidead: Many things changed during the last decade, access to live shows has become more layered, and so to labels, but the main struggle I believe we all had is the saturation of social media and streaming platforms. These were key instrument to let your music be known and to reach a constant new audience that could listen but now, thanks to the AI slop too, the things got really worse, everything is faked and pumped, and it’s really harsh for an underground band to emerge and get known. What kept us moving forward is the only thing that cannot be corrupted by the industry: our unwavering passion.

CV: Artists everywhere seem to be struggling to find not only an audience but a stage to perform on. Do you feel this is more of a temporary trend or more of a signal that music has lost its impact?
Demidead: I don’t think music has totally lost its impact, at least on the live side. The problem is that it has been forced into competition with other forms of communication and arts, primarily thanks to social media and streaming platforms. To listen to music has gradually become a “background” thing, not something to do actively, and so it shaped the weight and regard that people actually give to music. Add this to all the layers that subtract value from the artist and its music only for self-sustain themselves, and you’re starting to get the picture of how dramatic the situation is.

CV: Genre classification has essentially altered listener perspective and has redefined music categories. Has these perceptions changed the way you write music? Is songwriting more of a “fitting into a niche” than writing from the heart nowadays?
Demidead: In the beginning of my music career I’ve been badly influenced by this “mentality of the genre”, but the more I discovered, the more I opened my mind. In time I realized that if we try to describe a genre using words of that time, before the “label” was consolidated, you can only define it with a mix of styles and previous genres. Therefore “genre” is just a label that can help understand what someone is talking about, but is something to escape from while composing, because it could rapidly turn into a chain that spoils your creativity. I see many artist trying to fitting into a scene more than writing with heart, and that can only produce poorly imagined art with low communicative potential.

CV: Tell us a little about what you have going on right now.
Demidead: Demidead is on the brink of a revolution. We are now trying to incorporate new elements to increase the perceived tension and make our sound more massive, aggressive and impactful, even from a live performance perspective. We will try our new sound very soon, on our first Greek tour that will take place on the 4th and 5th of this September, 2026. We are also working on some new songs, trying out this new stuff, but we will probably focus more on that after Greece.

CV: How do you stay inspired as an artist?
Demidead: By searching for something new. Everything can inspire you if it comes from an honest soul, sometimes even when you are not actively searching.

CV: Is there ever the fear of possibly repeating yourself musically over time?
Demidead: I constantly fear that. When I write I always double check to be sure that the riffing is anything like before.

CV: Many critics believe music has lost its touch...it's connection with the audience. Is that really the case on some level, or has music found itself competing for attention in a sea of over stimuli?
Demidead: I think the latter. The competition with visual arts is still harmful and unfair to music, and the overflow of stimuli given by social media, the reduction of the attention span and the indolence inducted by movie streaming platforms are actively gatekeeping people from music, from live stages to deep listening.

CV: What do you believe music has given you that nothing else would have?
Demidead: Music gave me hope in my darkest moments. It gave me strength and purpose, and is something that could rarely be found in our society, because is often only a masked attempt to exercise control over your thought and feelings for personal benefit, like many religions and political ideologies, for example. Music opened my mind and helped me become more resilient, and I’m trying to return the favor.

CV: What more can fans expect coming from you this year and beyond?
Demidead: A brand new sound and brand new songs. I think it will be a total blast for our fans, because I think they can relate, understand and flow with us.

CV: Thanks again for taking the time to share with our readers. We wish you all the best and continued success.
Demidead: Thank you for this chance to share our music project and our plans for the future.


Check out Demidead at:
VIDEOS


OFFICIAL LINKS





The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, author, show host, big dreamer & guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word. Writing has given me a voice & a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books & now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar & showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.





The Story of the Philadelphia Rock Music Scene from 1978-1992




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available



    
                        
                          The Cosmick Voice
                           Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
                           www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         






Martial Arts of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
"a Martial Arts History Chronicle"



Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.


Comments