Interview with the band Breakdown - BKN





By Mick Michaels





COSMICK VIEW: Hello! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it's greatly appreciated.
Leo: Hey thanks to you, this is a very important space! 

CV: Do you feel Heavy Metal music in general is viewed differently by fans in Europe compared to fans elsewhere, especially in America, and if so why?
Leo: I am not sure, to the levels I follow I believe we are pretty much a global tribe, markets and economics, or venue sizes may change, but this is the most honest form of art in the world and is like a big family, with all the problems a family has haha. 

CV: What do you feel makes Heavy Metal music so alluring to the fans? What is it about the music that personally resonates so strongly with you?
Leo: It is the sound, definitely, the attitude and the lyrics matter for me, but the sounds, when you listen to Balls to The walls  or Raining Blood riff that power  and freedom feeling, it is still difficult for me to describe. 

CV: Has Metal splintered into too many sub-genres in your opinion, thus, making it harder for newer bands to actually classify themselves as one style over another?  Is it confusing for fans as well?
Leo: Yes, I try to call Metal only, as much as possible we are humans right, making things confusing is our specialty!! It is very confusing, call it Metal, Done.  

CV: How would you describe the current state of the music business considering we are now living in a COVID aware, and maybe even feared world? Have things drastically changed long-term for artists and bands given the recent pandemic? What are your thoughts?
Leo: I believe the business at least at the level I follow, is in movement, I am aware of the COVID impact, as well as other fears like wars and economic crisis… I believe the Metal golden era is perhaps done for the majority of bands, but we will survive.

CV: What do you feel makes your band and its particular approach to songwriting work? What keeps the band together and making music?
Leo: It is hard to describe, but I can say that as we manage our own time, we let inspiration come, and we try not to get into the very cyclic way of doing things, a song can take some time to be finished…but I can say BreAKdowN BKN is 1000% honesty. 

CV: On a more global view, how do you see your band’s music and songwriting separating itself from just being another Heavy Metal act?  
Leo: We are a Metal act, with our style, which again, is a combination  of different things, I believe since we are not reinventing the wheels here,  we are able to combine our influences with our capabilities without follow any trend, and sometimes there are discussions if we are thrash , or death, or this or that…. 

CV: Can an artist truly be unique? Some would argue there is no such thing as being unique; that it’s nothing more than a compounding of influences making an artist who or what they are. Would this then say that artists today are destined to be just copies of those who have already come to pass?
Leo:  This is the one-million-dollar question, right?! every human is unique, so If you let the music flow in you and create with the heart it can be a good start, I believe, trying to compare or trying to follow trends will not help, my humble opinion.

On the other hand, I like to say that Metal is what it is, in reality Sabbath, Priest and Motorhead did everything already, I like to say we are honoring the monsters, I don’t want to change Metal and I like it just the way it is. 

CV: Are there life lessons to learn being in a Heavy Metal band that you feel cannot be taught elsewhere? If so, what are they?
Leo:  Yeah definitely, I believe my main ones are : be yourself, your weaknesses may be the thing that makes you unique, and is ok to be different and believe on something for years.

CV: What do you feel makes someone a “rock star”? Does being a rock star automatically make one iconic or are the two completely different in your opinion?
Leo:  I don’t know really, I believe iconic people like Ronnie Dio would be star for me…I am not a fan of rock stars, like, these people arriving with security guards , limousines and stuff, I was lucky to meet my main influences in person naturally, and I believe rock stars suck.



CV: What's next for you? What can fans expect to see coming as the world looks to surmount a new normal laced with a load of restrictions?
Leo:  right now we are working on promotion of the new EP “Divide and Konquer,” we got some good agencies and there is a lot of work to be done, in parallel I cannot help myself picking the guitar when inspired and writing stuff…that may appear soon !! 

CV: Thank you again for spending some time talking and sharing with our readers. It was a pleasure. I wish you all the best and continued success.
Leo:  thanks for the space, It is really important to have medias like yours looking at what is happing on the ground floor of arts here.

Break Down the walls, let he metal flow! 

Check out BreAKdowN BKN at:



The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available



    
                        
                          The Cosmick Voice
                           Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
                           www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         






Martial Arts of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
"a Martial Arts History Chronicle"



Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

 


Comments