Interview with Lead Singer and Guitarist Romeo Bassi of Reaven (2024)

 


By Mick Michaels







COSMICK VIEW: Hello again! Welcome to
The Cosmick View. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to chat with me, it's greatly appreciated.

CV: Every artist experiences highs and lows. Many struggle just to move from one level to the next, and some, unfortunately, never do. What would you consider to be a pivotal point in an artist's career which would take them from one level to the next that a struggling artist should be aware of? Is it an individual mindset or does it equate more to opportunity? Or is it something all together different in your opinion?
Romeo Bassi: I think an artist has to be strong in many ways. First, never give up! Never! Obstacles will be on the way all the time, but the difference between artists who last in time and those who stop is the level of their resilience and their determination. If you believe in your music enough, others will do. Work a lot, like a lot, every day, try to do something that will make a difference compared to the day before. And then, work more!! (laughs). And the 1% luck needed in this field will probably arrive sooner!

CV: What have you found to be the balancing point between relevance and over saturation when it comes to being an artist? Is there a fine line between the two or can it be looked at to some degree as the two essentially being one in the same?
RB: To be an artist today, you have to be “visible!”  But I guess, wanting visibility just for the sake of it is nonsense. People are surrounded by information all the time, the way of consuming music is way different, so you have to find the balance between being in the spotlight often, and not being “too much”. The answer to that is to create as much as possible, to always surprise your audience… in a good way.

CV: Is there any level of consideration, or even concern, to deliver on expectations, whether it being your own or that of the fans, when working on new material?
RB: Always, you always have a thought somewhere of “will they like this music as much as I do?” But, you know, I don’t over think it. I try to create music that I love, that I am proud of. If people don’t like it, it’s a pity, but at least I have composed something that is meaningful to me.

CV: For you, what’s first when it comes to songwriting…is it a matter of lyrics melody, chords, beat, attitude? Or is it more organic than that where the moment dictates the process and outcome?
RB: Very often I have the melody in my head. Or I found something when I play the piano or the guitar and then I compose. Sometimes I can have the lyrics as well, but I have noticed that the melody is really something that pops in my mind quite often from nowhere.

CV: What do you believe makes songwriting more honest and impactful...that something that both the artist and listener can share?
RB: When I write something, it comes most of the time from my own experience or feeling. But I never write it in a way that will only talk about me. I am trying to make it relatable, because I want people to “feel” what I am writing in their own way. A song only lives because someone listens to it, so I give birth to the song, but then the baby is yours (laughs)!

CV: What do you feel has been the greatest contribution to your success as an artist?
RB: I truly believe that the fact we’re always trying to perform on stage as much as possible is a big part of our success. Because, at the end of the day, concerts and live emotions are the only thing that you can’t replace.

CV: What's next for you? What can fans expect to see coming up?
RB: The next step of our “For Tomorrow Tour” just started in Europe! And I think we will be able to announce soon a very first South and Central America tour. A new music video will be filmed and released this year and a new EP as well!!

CV: Thank you again for spending some time talking and sharing with our readers. I wish you all the best and continued success.
RB: Thanks a lot Mick!

Check out REAVEN at:

Official Website

Facebook

Instagram

 


The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         






Martial Arts of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
"a Martial Arts History Chronicle"



Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

 

Comments