Interview with Modern Rock Artist Mark Daly



By Mick Michaels





Cosmick View: Hello, Mark! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us. It's greatly appreciated.

CV: What do you feel sets the band apart from other bands, especially those of similar sound and style? What's specific allure your sound and style have that has people taking notice?
Mark Daly: I like to think we bring a great energy to our live performances and every member of the band gives absolutely everything they got to make sure we deliver the best possible show. Our sound & style is a really nice mix between classic Rock and Modern Rock with influences from bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith but also Foo Fighters, Highly Suspect & Queens of the Stone Age and more. 

CV: For any band, dynamics is key to grabbing an audience's attention. What do you feel is the main ingredient to having such a captivating dynamic and being able to bring something more to the music?
MD: I think our bands dynamic is energy and music that is raw, honest and lyrics that tell a story which I feel creates a genuine connection with an audience. 

CV: How would you describe the ultimate musical experience for your fans? And how does the band go about creating that musical vision, while generating the impact the band wants to have on its audience?
MD: This new record has a roller coaster of emotions with songs that are high energy Rock songs but also deep ballads that show a whole new side to our songwriting. When recording this new album we went into the studio with a bunch of songs I had written on acoustic guitar but I left them wide open for all the band members to really add their own ideas and style which I thought worked really well and has taken our sound and style to the next level. For our fans that have been following our musical journey I believe they will really appreciate these new songs and I am really excited for them to be released this year.

CV: The music business has always been one that regardless of who you are, where you came from or where you've been, you can either sink or swim.  Does this type of realism have any effect on how the band drives itself to succeed? 
MD: I like the pressure that comes with writing in the studio and touring. I don’t think too far ahead because I like to take one record and tour at a time because it is such a crazy industry and there are a million bands ready to take your place if you take your foot off the gas even slightly so I like to think the band and I am aware of how lucky we are to tour and all want to maintain the passion and desire that we have had from day one. 

CV: In your opinion, is there any middle ground for a band or is it a do or die climate in today's music industry?
MD: I think there are so many different avenues bands can go now. Some are getting noticed at shows as support act and now others in places like TikTok so I feel in some ways you can get your music heard a lot easier these days. The most important thing for me is to record music that the artist/band is happy with and for it to be real and authentic and then you can connect with people and grow a fanbase in the right way. 

CV: How would you describe the band's internal energy? Does the band’s outward appearance align with its true inward nature from your perspective?
MD: For sure we play with an intense energy and during the day of the show we would be reserving that energy. A typical touring day would be travel and lunch together. After sound check we like to pump each other up playing music and get into the right head space before the show. One thing I love about this band is that everyone genuinely gets along amazingly. After show we like to talk about our favorite parts of the performance and talk to each other about everyone’s individual strengths to keep improving our set and to maintain a really positive atmosphere. 

CV: What's at the core of the band's songwriting approach? Are there certain elements that are considered when a song begins to take form and evolves? 
MD: We don’t have a specific formula when it comes to songwriting. With most of the tracks an acoustic demo & lyrics by myself is presented to the band and we build from there but also in the last couple of records the lead guitar player James Brown has been bringing incredible music to the table and I have put lyrics to his music and they have turned out to be some of my favorite tracks so we have a nice mix when it comes to our writing approach and very much looking forward to the next record already. 

CV: Do you allow things to just happen when writing; seeing where a song goes, or is there a certain course of action and structure you keep a song on, thus, essentially making it destined to achieve its overall potential?
MD: Most of my songs are about specific situations in my life so I find the songs pour out of me in five minutes when I am writing about built up frustrations for example so I just let them flow. Now that I have more experience writing I can kind of tell right away if the music of the song works or not and know when to call it when it’s not clicking. In most cases I know right away if it’s going to work or not somehow and let the music and lyrics come naturally. 

CV: Do you feel how the fans and critics describe the band’s music accurately reflects how you would describe the band’s music?
MD: At the shows the feedback has been really positive and when being compared to other bands we do get described as a modern rock band with a classic rock feel which is exactly what we are going for and really nice to hear that from fans and critics. 

CV: Walk us through a typical show for the band...what can fans who have never seen you perform expect?
MD: We start the show with all out energy and the performance doesn’t drop from start to finish so for people that haven’t come to a show can expect a lot of stage movement and interaction. I love talking to the crowd and making that connection. Meeting people at the merch booth after the show is always incredible and I love meeting new people and very grateful to make such amazing new fans each night on the road. 

CV: What more can fans look forward to seeing coming from the band?
MD: Having this new album done is so exciting I think fans will really connect with this record and I can’t wait for it to be finally released. We have multiple video shoots complete so this year will be a lot of new singles, music videos and then the album. It’s the most exciting year of my career and very much looking forward to seeing what else the year brings us as a band. 

CV: Thank you again Mark for spending some time talking and sharing with our readers. I wish you all the best and continued success.
MD: Thank you very much for having me. I hope that my answers make sense and that my on the road exhaustion hasn’t taken over. Cheers!


Check out Mark at:
Official: www.markdalyofficial.com



The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         






Blackbelt Ammunition - the ultimate in self defense ammo
Family owned & operated - Made in the USA
www.blackbeltammunition.com


Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

 

Comments