Interview with Steven Adler's Appetite for Destruction singer Ari Kamin

 




By Mick Michaels





Cosmick View: Hello, Ari! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us. It's greatly appreciated.

CV: The American Dream is said to be the result of hard work, ability, and opportunity. Do you feel your accomplishments and successes as a singer in a Rock band fall in line with achieving that American Dream?
Ari Kamin: I always knew I wanted to be a singer and that the greatest stage for that career is in America. Ever since I was a little kid in Argentina, I dreamed about living in America and singing to big crowds all around the world.

I didn’t just hope that my dreams would come true. I set goals and pursued my dreams. I didn’t end up here by accident.

Every decision I made since I was seven years old was pointing me in this direction. When Steven Adler gave me the opportunity to sing in his band, I didn’t hesitate. I had prepared my whole life for that moment.

As one of my favorite writers, Richard Bach, once wrote, “You're never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however”.

CV: As many have stated, luck is nothing more than preparedness coupled with opportunity arising. Given that description, are you a believer in luck?
AK: It’s funny that you said that because it takes me back to the days when I was moving from one place to the other. I had some really great apartments and one of my friends commented on that. They said, “Ari, you’re so lucky when it comes to finding new apartments.” But I don’t see it that way. I don’t see it as being lucky, I see it as that I know what I want and I’m willing to pay the price.

I spent years building an audience in Argentina, becoming known as a singer. When I met Steven Adler and he wanted to jam together, I was ready. I had prepared my whole life for that moment and because of that we clicked. Steven and I established a musical connection that audiences rave about to this day.

Sometimes people come up to me these days and say that I’m lucky for living the dream. I totally appreciate how happy they are for me, but I also point out that I’m not here by luck. I’m here because I was willing to pay the price – to do what was necessary and to make the sacrifices to get a chance to grab the brass ring.

CV: How does singing in an American Rock band with Guns N' Roses alum Steven Adler differ from working with Criaturas Salvajes and Son of a Gun back in Argentina?
AK: I have always thought that being in a band is like being married to several people. Like in any relationship, you learn a lot from each other. I feel like all my years performing with my old bands in Argentina prepared me for what I'm doing now. And, I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to make music with such talented guys.

Being the lead singer for Steven Adler not only gives me the chance to be part of a world-class band, but also to turn around at every show and see the beat of a generation smiling at me because I’m connecting them to the songs that they grew up listening to. We’re playing these classic songs the way they are supposed to sound, and to be able to do that and connect to the audience is a truly magical feeling.

CV: Who do you credit as being your greatest musical influence? Who brought you to where you are now so to speak?
AK: My first concert was Michael Jackson when I was 7 years old. I still remember that night…the explosions, the people screaming, and the big screens with his image amplified for us all to see. I remember being lost in the sound, and then feeling that music take me to another world for a couple of hours. That moment was life-changing. From that very moment, I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I wanted to be an artist – to create and to move people with music.

Later on, I fell in love with Queen. As a vocalist and a songwriter, Freddie Mercury was practically a god. Those kinds of singers – Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury – those were guys who moved people with their music and their onstage performances.

CV: As a singer, as an artist...as a front person in a rock band, has music helped you better express yourself to those around you?
AK: I always felt that music was some kind of therapy to me. No matter how bad my day was, I could always get in a room with my band or go up on stage, play some rock n’ roll and make the world around me a better place again. Also writing music was always a good way for me to be able to say things that I might not have been able to say otherwise.

CV: Do you feel your story can serve as an inspirational tale for other aspiring artists who want to pursue their dreams? If so, what would be the one piece of personal insight you would give them as they make their way?
AK: Absolutely, I grew up listening to Guns N’ Roses and had their posters on the walls of my room. So, when I first joined Steven Adler’s band I remember I used to give this speech at some point of the show where I would tell how mind-blowing it was for me to be a part of his band. Then I would tell the audience to never give up on their dreams, to never take a no for an answer, and to never surrender, because I feel I’m living proof that dreams come true.

Years later, there are still people who come to the shows and tell me that because of that speech they felt encouraged to follow their dreams. Maybe it inspired them to play an instrument, or to write music, or to form a band. Maybe it inspired them to make changes in their personal life or their job. And they tell me that pursuing their dreams has made their lives better. It’s really heartwarming.

CV: What's been the greatest lesson you learned being an artist?
AK: As an artist I'm constantly learning. I think that every day I learn something different. Without a doubt, I think that one of the most important lessons is that you shouldn't take anything for granted. That’s why we give everything out on stage at each performance – to give the fans the best show ever.

For me, everything is about the fans. A band is nothing without the support and love of their fans. So, we must always give 100% and be grateful for the support and affection we receive from our fans.

CV: What more can fans expect to see coming from you as the New Year quickly approaches?
AK: Our focus right now is giving people a taste of the true spirit of the Sunset Strip - you could call it an Appetite for Destruction experience. Steven Adler is one of the greatest drummers in the history of rock n’ roll and he has surrounded himself with some of the best rockers in the industry. We make every show a once-in-a-lifetime experience because we make every show unique.

We love visiting the different parts of the country and connecting to all the fans. When you buy a ticket to a Steven Adler show, you are guaranteed to have the time of your life.

CV: Thanks again, Ari, for taking the time to share with our readers. We wish you all the best and continued success.
AK: Thank you so much for having me and if your beautiful readers want to be aware of our upcoming shows, they can find out all the news by following Steven Adler or Ari Kamin on social media.

Check out Ari at:
Official: www.arikamin.com
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/stevenadlersite2


 The Cosmick View

Where the stars always shine bright
www.thecosmickview.com 
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickView

www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         






Blackbelt Ammunition - the ultimate in self defense ammo
Family owned & operated - Made in the USA
www.blackbeltammunition.com


Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates.

 

Comments